The last 12 months have witnessed a growing awareness of the issues confronting Indigenous Australians in the 21st century.
How can we respond as followers of the Lord Jesus? Rick Manton says “We can’t afford to sit on the sidelines while Aboriginal people are dying without Christ.” Prayer is essential.
The problems faced by our Indigenous neighbours can only find their ultimate solution in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ and His gospel.
APWM asks that all churches set aside Sunday 11th July as ‘Indigenous Ministry Sunday’. We ask that on that day you pray for our Indigenous people that:
* God would continue to raise up and develop leaders for the Indigenous Church and that they would be well trained for the challenges they face.
* That the Word of God would remain central in the life of the Indigenous Church.
* That God would send His Holy Spirit and that many young Indigenous people would come to a genuine relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
* That God would raise up workers for His harvest — Indigenous & Non-Indigenous.
* That though the gospel there would be true reconciliation between Indigenous & Non-Indigenous Australians.
APWM asks that you consider holding a special collection on that Sunday to assist in the continued funding of its ministry to Indigenous people.
You can find a video to show in church on Indigenous Ministry Sunday at APWM’s Vimeo page:
Thank you for your partnership.