APWM asks that churches set aside Sunday 10th July as ‘Indigenous Ministry Sunday’. We ask that on that day you pray for Australia’s Indigenous people that:
- God would continue to raise up and develop leaders for the Indigenous Church and that they would be well trained for the challenges they face.
- That the Word of God would remain central in the life of the Indigenous Church.
- That God would send His Holy Spirit and that many young Indigenous people would come to a genuine relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That God would raise up workers for His harvest — Indigenous & Non-Indigenous.
- That through the gospel there would be true reconciliation between Indigenous & Non-Indigenous Australians.
APWM also asks that congregations consider holding a special collection on that Sunday to assist in the continued funding of its ministry to Indigenous people.
This year, our Indigenous Ministry Sunday video features an interview with Alvin and Narelle Chai who serve at Mount Magnet, 560km northwest of Perth.
You can download the video to show in church on Indigenous Ministry Sunday. There’s a longer and shorter version (we recommend the longer). Please click on the links to download the video.
Longer (4min 43sec) https://vimeo.com/718221337
Shorter (3min 47sec) https://vimeo.com/718199762
Thank you for your partnership.